Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sneak Peek!

You ladies have been so sweet and supportive on my kitchen I thought I would give you a sneak peek of it.

So without further ado....

I dug up this bookcase out of the basement and gave it a new paint job and some distressing for all my cookbooks...

...and of course the countertops that I painted. The urethane is not cured for 72 hours so I can't put things on them yet. All of the beadboard is up and painted too.

A close up of the new backsplash and a couple more piggies. There is another piece of trim that goes around the top and sides but I am going to have to wait for Jeff to come home. He has a wet saw somewhere and I need it to finish it.


The eating area with the table I found awhile ago and bench. There is also a trim piece that is going across the top of all the beadboard. I was getting a little tired.


These jars sit on the counter. I did a small patch of chalkboard paint so I could mark them. I am so tired of having my oldest fill the sugar bowl with flour!

So that is it for today. Tomorrow I plan on doing the window treatments. I thought I would get to them today, but no luck! The kitchen looks soooo much bigger and cleaner now. I actually can't wait to cook in here!

P.S. I am posting this at The Nester's Risk Taking Party. I chose this post since it was something that I did to the kitchen while my husband was out of town for the week. I had talked about painting the countertops and he thought it would look like crap. The whole time that I was doing this I was afraid that I would screw something up and make him angry about it. Thank goodness he loved it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie!! wow, you are one busy girl..your kitchen looks AMAZING, love the backsplash, the table is adorable and th beadboard, well i love me some beadboard....great job!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Have managed to prise my daughters computer out of her hot, sweaty hands to do a bit of commenting...many thanks for your kind words regarding my computers speedy recovery !!!!!
Your kitchen is looking amazing...you can be very proud of yourself and your other half will be too......Good job as you say over there.

Anonymous said...

Well, I say your kitchen looks mighty fine! I was going through your posts and decided this is a must follow blog. You've got personality, girl!

Unknown said...

Wonderful...I LOVE the chalkboard paint on the sugar and floor containers, so cool!

:) T

Lori said...

Everything is looking great! Love the chalkboard paint idea too ~ you are too smart! Can't wait to see it all put together....you have done a fantastic job.

Unknown said...

Very nice kitchen! I love the dark counter tops and the jars you have with the contents labeled!

Roeshel said...

I'm so jealous. Are you sure you aren't local or willing to travel to help me with my kitchen makeover? haha I love EVERYthing. Those jars are so cute!

Roeshel

Delightful Dwelling said...

It looks wonderful so far, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wow, looks great! I love the jars