Friday, August 14, 2009

Clean House ~ Day One


Welcome to the White Farmhouse Clean House!

The first part of the Clean House is to pick an area to clean. Usually they also organize and make gorgeous the space they clean. This space will be done this winter. We are just cleaning and moving out the stuff while it is warm.

The area chose is what I lovingly refer to the dungeon. Complete with spiders and snakes. EWWWWW! If you don't know what to do with something, throw it in the basement.

And did I mention the snakes?!

The basement is what is called a Michigan basement. It's unfinished, has stone walls, a cement floor and an open ceiling.

And snakes.

I don't know why but when we moved here 5 years ago, we just had to bring all the useless garbage to this house. I guess we were fearful about replacing all the old crap with new crap. Or maybe we did not think we had enough useless crap to fill the basement.

Or maybe the snakes needed a place to hide?

Whatever the case, it's down here. Soon to be gone.

I know I am making progress cause the garbage pile is growing.....

....and growing....

....and more floor is showing.


The yard sale pile is getting bigger. I put some of the bigger pieces of furniture on Craigslist. Last night I sold a daybed/trundle bed to a very nice lady for her daughter. I hope they enjoy it!

We do have a glitch in our plans. My husband's hunting trip fell through, so he is going to be here. That may put a damper on what I want to get done. I already told him that he would have to leave next weekend so I can have the garage sale.

For now we are $60 ahead!

Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

thepurplerose said...

OMG---that is quite the pile there!!! I hope there isn't a body in there!!

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Maggie:
Youa re going to make some cash!!!
Do NOT sale the husband or kids : )
Yes, have him leave for the day.
You are so cool!!!
hugs
carole

Lori said...

OK ~ snakes.....did you say SNAKES!! OMG ~ what kind? You are freaking me out :o)
Love purging and your garbage pile is GROWING... that is a good thing. Good luck with the yard sale....make lottsa $$$$$