Saturday, May 30, 2009

Did your Mother ever do this?

Mine did.


I know the pic is not too clear. It is a paper bag folded over for neatness with other paper bags in it.

See.... that is one of my "things".

Shopping bags.

I LOVE shopping bags.

I don't know what the fascination is with them.

I got them from all over too.

Victoria Secret, American Girl, lots of Pier One.

I don't know why I save them either.

If you come over to my house and I give you something to take home with you, don't even think of taking one of my shopping bags.

Plastic is for passing out willynilly.

2 comments:

a Bohemian Market said...

Maggie:
I do the same thing only i fold them and slide against the refrigerator and the wall. I use mine : )
My daughter uses hers to immediately take trash down to the common trash container in her apartment building.
Sometimes i use them to wrap packages I am mailing out, make patterns/templates out of them and yes, let people take something in them home : )
I really like to re-use them when i go back to a market if I have forgotten my re-usable fabric one.
In Los Angeles I see people use them as book bags coming out of the library and so many use them to carry their lunch to work.
Let me know when you have a closet just for your collection : )
Have a wonderful rest of the day!!!
I like it that you have this "thing"!!!
carole

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

My daughter actually asked if she could use one this morning. She was even smirking! I guess my head spinning around threw her off and she dropped it.