Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's A Meatah Ballah!

Here is one of the many posts that I have in the works for the next couple of weeks.

My World Famous Meatah Ballahs!

Do you like the Italian accent? No? Then you probably don't like the moustache either huh?!

Anyways....


Remember when this punklet graduated? Well, the teachers had everyone bring potlucky stuff. I brought my World Famous Meatah Ballahs which are perfect for this type of occasion! In fact, I just noticed in the above picture you can see my roaster full of my World Famous Meatah Ballahs.

Anyways, onto the recipe....


I made the meatballs the night before, or you can go the easy route and buy a couple bags of already made meatah ballahs.

Meatball Recipe

2 lbs ground beef
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup
1 egg
1 cup water
3/4 cup bread crumbs (I used unseasoned)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Roll mixture into 1" balls. Now here comes my little secret weapon for meatballs. Using a mini muffin pan, place a meatball in each well. The pan helps the ball to keep it's shape and not flatten out. The meatball also sits up in the pan and the grease can drip down keeping most of it away. Cook for 20-25 minutes til done. Can be served immediately or when cooled frozen for future use.

I made 6 lbs of meatballs, so triple this recipe.

Now for the secret ingredients for my World Famous Meatah Ballahs!


I put the meatah ballahs in the fridge until the next day. About 4 hours before we were to eat them, I assembled my secret ingredients.


Yup, that is it!

4 cans of Castleberry's Hot Dog Sauce
I jar of Smucker's Grape Jelly

It has to be Castleberry's Hot Dog Sauce! I found it at Kroger. Seems like they are good for something. Go figure! Just open the cans and the jar, dump it in a crockpot and mix. Once it is all mixed, add the meatah ballahs and gently stir in. You don't want to break up the meatah ballahs.

Is anyone tired of me saying meatah ballahs yet? I am tired of typing meatah ballahs!

Set the crockpot on low and simmer atleast 4 hours before serving. Could it be any easier? You do want to stir it often and adjust the heat if they are cooking too fast. No one likes a burned ball!

I actually got this recipe from my SIL years ago. It's mine now! I am taking all the credit!

I am also posting this at Gollum's Foodie Friday!

Enjoy!



5 comments:

Lori said...

We don't have hot dog sauce up here!! I have made my world famous balls with grape jelly and chili sauce ~ they are always quite a hit too!

Lynn said...

Might need you to mail me the Castleberry's Maggie, don't think it's a Philly thang... They sound great, meatballs are always fun:@)

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Crikey Maggie,
It looks as if you made enough to feed ALL of the schools in your area !!!!
They look delicious and I only wish that you were my neighbour, so that you could bring round any leftovers that you might have !! haha
You make the most yummy things. XXXX

Amy said...

Yum....I would love to try these world famous meatah ballah! :D Your little one is just so adorable! Thank you for sharing.

By the way, I'm hosting 2 Giveaways on my blog, please stop by to enter when you have a chance. One for $50 Thrive products and another one for baking molds and more. Have a wonderful weekend.

Amy
http://utry.it

Beth said...

Maggie, Those sound so, so good! I love your header - adorable children!!!
Hope you received my note about the Tea and Tea Things Swap.
Hugs, Beth