Tuesday, May 31, 2011

End of Year Gift Idea

As you know the bitty one graduated from preschool. I wanted to give her classmates and teachers a little momento of the year. I decided to do tee shirts for them.


First you will need some supplies. Plain white tee shirts from the store. I bought all the same size since the kids in her class are all about the same. You can buy iron transfers from any office supply store. Make sure that you get the right kind for the color tee shirts and for your printer! Very important!


Design your shirt on your computer. Once you are happy with it, make sure that you mirror image it! If you print off all your transfers just to find out they are ALL WRONG! It might anger you a little. Not that I did that or anything. I'm just saying....


Now lay out your shirt on an ironing board and with your iron on the highest setting, press the transfer all over the backing. I used my presser which made the job easier and faster. When it has cooled slightly, peel the backing paper off.


Ta daa!


I folded up the shirts, made a card with Syrina's picture on the front and our phone number on the back and tied it up with a bit of raffia. They were a hit!


Plus, look how cute they look!


Now for another clue! I know, I suck at clues. I am really just trying to drag this out while I get this done! Ok, something in the above picture is being replaced.

Now, I am off to work on my secret project some more!

11 comments:

the old white house said...

You are so sweet and generous! I bet they all loved the tshirts, they are so cute. I gotta tell you the blog looks gorgeous! I love the background of it, very, very cool and your new header with the kids pics is awesome, what beautiful kids!
Next, I tried to comment yesterday but wasn't able to but I want to thank your 'jarhead' too. I am grateful for his service, so please pass that on for me. My brother Pat just came back from Qatar and we are happy to have him home.
My Dad is THEE sausage gravy king, KING I tell you! I cheat and use morning star sausage crumbles to cut the fat but there is nothing like his sausage gravy and homemade southern biscuits. oh man now you have me wanting some!
Talk to you soon! t. xooxoxoxo

Julie Johnson said...

What a sweet gift for all of those cutie pies!! I'm sure they loved them and I love the pic too!! Can't wait to see what you are up to now! ;)

Cher' Shots said...

I'm sure your generosity was appreciated. Great idea.
'hugs from afar'

Lynn said...

The t-shirts are so cute, I'm sure the kids loved them (and are probably still wearing them today:@)

Dar said...

What a sweet gift oh creative one! I envy your talent. The tee's are as adorable as the kiddles.
Now, what is being replaced, the Laptop? Nothing needs to go. I love your living space.
BlessYourHeart

thepurplerose said...

Wait a minute!!! I don't see Jeff in that picture??!!?? Just kidding!! OMG!!! You're not painting your tables are you??!! I would have to pound you for that one!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This was a really great idea. I've passed it on to my daughters and the youth director at our church. You did a fabulous job. You asked where I shopped for my ingredients. For the recipe in question I shopped at a regular grocery store - Fred Meyers. The recipe is very simple and I do hope you'll try it. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Life in Rehab said...

Hee hee, this put such a huge smile on my face; I used to do projects like this all the time when the Minions were little. This turned out so sweet, and I'm sure everyone was thrilled with the mementos.

Anonymous said...

What creative and sweet gifts!

I am guessing you've decided to go with the "When you can't beat 'em, join 'em" decor I've rolled out and you're using the pen and paint for graffiti!

Your Friend,
Deborah

Jami said...

What a sweet and generous gift! Would love for you to share them at the Pretty Packages Party!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/06/pretty-packages-party-10.html
Smiles!
Jami

Jami said...

I'm so glad you stopped by and shared these at the Pretty Packages Party! They are just adorable!! Hope to see you again next month!
Smiles!
Jami