Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Survived Potter Park Zoo!

I don't know where last week slipped off to. It started with a trip to Potter Park Zoo with the bitty one's class. I drove with my friends Cory, Barb and their 3 kids, Hayden, Jeracko and Tyler. Hayden and Jeracko are twins and bitty one's "best friends!" Besides touching EVERYTHING, they also had to stick their heads into every freaking cutout in the zoo!


Hayden, the one on the left, is crazy! We were eating lunch and she was playing around a trash bin. I noticed a "shadow" and before I knew it, she grabbed it. Unfortunately the squirrel attached to the tail she had a hold of was extremely surprised. Not 5 minutes later, she grabbed a peacock's tail too. I think she has a thing for tails! If you didn't know, the bulbous headed one on the right is bitty.


Potter Park is a small zoo in Lansing. Perfect for a day trip. The kids had a great time! They also went to a little show and tell with some of the animals.


At one point, I turned around to find this a little too close. Needless to say I didn't have the most graceful of exits! The handler told me I was going to scare the kids. I thought "Dude, how are you going to feel when I squish your buggy friend with my camera?" I hate spiders!


He was kinda cute, for a lizard.



This guy was quite a character! He would jump on the ball and roll off onto his back with his little legs squirming in the air. You should of heard the kids laughing at him!


Of course, no trip to the zoo is complete without a ride on a camel. The kids thought this was pretty cool.

Next time, I want to go to the Fort Wayne Zoo. That one is my favorite so far.

So, that was about it for last week. Wednesday is graduation day for the preschoolers. I do have a little project/gift that I have been working on for the kids. You just have to wait til then to see though!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE pictures!

Beth said...

Hi Maggie! Looks like a fun day! You asked about the tea swap; it is for anything tea-related. I will clarify it in the post; thanks for asking and hope you will be a part of it.
Hugs, Beth

Lynn said...

Well, look at the Bitty One with those ubber cool glasses-LOVE it! Glad you survived the trip, not fond of the eight leggid creatures either:@)

the old white house said...

Max was there on a field trip on Friday! The first thing he told me about was the lion!
I didn't get to go because I had to work but when I have gone there, I sit on the bench OUTSIDE of the reptile house!
Looks like fun, she is adorable in her little glasses... xoxoxooxoxoxo

Red Couch Recipes said...

I was so lucky to go to my daughter's Zoo field trip last chear -- loved it. I rode a camel when I was young too. They didn't offer camel rides at this zoo. Looks like a fun time. Joni

Dar said...

Looks like a 'Walk in the Park' to me. And look at you go girl, with all the cooking and baking and frying, going on. You go, go, go!
BlessYourHeart and Week

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Maggie,
I think that the children must have had a great time. Ours used to LOVE the zoo. It won't be long before we shall be taking our new grandson to the zoo. You are a lovely mum to take them all. Were you the only adult ? That can be quite difficult !!!! I hope that all of the animals stayed in the zoo and none of them came home with you. I could imagine Hayden dragging something furry by the tail into your car !!!! haha. XXXX

Jacqueline said...

So fun to hear your funny story about the zoo. Small zoos are great there is so much interaction. Love the tail pulling stories, then you showed a picture of the lion and I thought, oh not that tail, please!