Thanksgiving is almost here. So I thought I would jump on the bandwagon of things I am thankful for. Besides the usual, a wonderful and loving husband, 3 beautiful children, a roof over our heads, blah, blah blah, these are the things I am thankful for that I don't appreciate throughout the year.
1. Snooze buttons! I have hit my poor snooze button so many times that I have worn off the lettering. I do love you even if I don't tell ya though snooze button!
2. Blue jeans with spandex woven in! Who, pray tell, was the GENIUS who thunk up this one! Thank you from the bottom of my saggy butt and my ever expanding hips!
3. Chilly days! Not cold, just chilly. Chilly enough to wear a sweater and not look out of place. This way I can go braless under my t-shirt, throw on a sweater and go to the kids school. You can't do this when it is cold. If it is cold they want to take your coat. They never ever offer to take a sweater. It's just assumed it's part of your ensemble! Note - you have to say ensemble in an uppity voice too.
4. Chocolate! Who isn't grateful for chocolate?! Don't go putting crap in my chocolate either, like nuts or nasty creamy crap. Oh, except if it is a cherry! Cherries are the exception. Chocolate covered cherries rock!
5. Coffee! Mmmm.... nothing like waking up to fresh coffee. Also, don't go putting funky crap in my coffee either. No pumpkin pie, no peppermints, nothing. If I want that I will order it seperate, not dumped into one hot steamy concoction. Just some cream and sugar cause lawd knows you can't buy decent coffee to serve in your establishments.
6. The UPS man! I love seeing the UPS truck pull up in my drive. I know he is not bringing me bills, no bad news, no adjustments to your insurance policy, just presents! Yeah, yeah, I know I ordered it. It's still a present to me.
7. Full coverage insurance! For all of you drivers that freaking now you are in a lane that is going to merge to one lane after the light but still get in it and try to race up to the front. You really are NOT that important! Don't expect me to let you over, I got full coverage!
8. Drive thru windows! I think more stores should implement this. I don't know how many times I have run through the drive thru in my Power Puff Girl jammies. Think I WANT to get out of the car? Puh-lease!
9. Dogs! I love my dog. Do you know how less often I have to vacuum since I have gotten a dog. She eats anything including some things that do move. I mean for crissakes she has no taste buds, she licks her butt! If it's on the floor it is fair game to her. It is kinda funny to watch the kids race her to candy that has fallen on the floor.
10. 3 hour naps! Need I say more?
Those are just the top 10 I can think of. To all the other things that I take for granted and did not include my sincere apologies!
Thank you again for everyone and their well wishes! As you can see the pain meds are kicking in quite nicely. I have a couple of projects that I want to get done before the hubster comes home on Wednesday. So look for those hopefully soon!
Back to the bedrest!
Linked to 320 Sycamore for the Things That I Love party.