Monday, April 27, 2009

The Ongoing Saga of Dumb Ideas - Part 1

I get crazy ideas sometimes.


LOTS of crazy ideas.


Some work out. Some don't.




My newest idea is for the wall at the top of the stairs. I just hope that I get it done before the novelty of a new exciting project wears off.



Did you know that this is what Sherwin Williams' idea of a "sample" color is?


> Now maybe everybody does this, except I have seen packets of paint labeled "sample" at other stores before nothing like this. And they are $5.00!


I know!


So armed with my 2 paint choices I went to the store to get some. I have a small wall that I have a little something planned for.




The landing is ridiculously small. I did have a small cabinet up there but my "better half" in his infinite wisdom decided to prove it was too small for furniture and wracked his boyberries on the corner of it. Okay honey! Lesson learned! (Insert eye rolling and laughter here).


So..... the first coat is on the wall. The color now looks like something I have thrown out in a diaper. Of course when my better half said that my reaction was "Pfffft. No!"

The color is actually "Sturdy Brown" the darkest on the strip I am using for the rest of the house.

Keeping fingers crossed that this ACTUALLY might work out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, you make me laugh...i too have some dumb ideas and I always think things are easier then they really are, my husband rolls his eyes at me all the time! Can't wait to see it all done!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Love the face...so cute! Can't wait to see! Love the numbers on your stairs.