Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Girls Gone Wild!

Well, we were definitely not crazy or nothing. Maybe a little when we got molested by the massage chair at the nail place. Teach me to push random buttons. Teach my sister to do what I say too! We had sooooooo much fun though! My husband does not understand though. I think mostly it was the getting away. Funny though, before we left we talked about if we wanted we could even lay around the hotel all day doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Yet the reality was we were up at the butt crack of dawn like the kids were there! Go figure......



So I thought that I would blog about the treasures I found. Not too many. We went to Mason, MI and hit all the antique stores there. I kept finding these old cutesy vintage cameras for CHEAP. I just loved them! Didn't get any though. I could kick myself though cause wouldn't you figure when we got far enough away that it would of been silly to go back I came up with an idea for them! Blah! Lucky enough that Mason is close enough that I can go back one day soon.

This is the cute piggy bank I got for the little one. For some reason she seems to be nuts for piggy banks. I see a piggy bank collection in her future!




These are the crystal horse bookends that I got for the girls room. Did I mention that my oldest is crazy for horses?! I have yet to finish them up yet. I am either going to get some vintage books about horses for them or a plant to put in the middle of them. They are so heavy that I am keeping them up high so Boss Hogg doesn't crack one of her older siblings over the head with them. I just LOVED this. I saw it at it was love at first sight. I don't know why. I have a light over my back door so I am going to replace it with this one. I can't wait to see it in place.
Mom likes the piggies too. How cute is this sponge holder? It now sits on my sink being very handy. I told my kids it was the three of them. Teeheehee. The boy child did not find it so amusing though!



This is a wall in my foyer. I got the mirror this weekend. Everything else I had. Love the look of it though. I haven't decided if I am going to hang it this way or the other way, longwise. I still have to paint in here though so I have awhile to decide. I love pics individually framed so I am going to gather some pics that I have and start framing them for this table. For right now I just have the three lowly ones. I need to start gathering some pic frames. I am also going to add the vintage cameras to this table. I thought maybe on stands with glass covers over them. I got the mirror from Walmart. I wanted a mirror like this cause my crazy idea was to etch "welcome" in different languages on it. For now it looks like this though.


I also got some ideas for other areas in the house. I got an idea for a display over my bed that I see in the near future. Like maybe tonight.





No comments: