Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Dinner!

So, the other day I was talking with the boy child. I was telling him how I wanted to try some of the lemon recipes I had seen on the internet lately.

"I bet you would eat lemons for dinner if you could"

"Oh yes, yes I would"

"You couldn't make a WHOLE dinner out of lemons!"

"Oh yes I could"

"No, you couldn't"

I will save you the 5 minutes of me and him going back and forth like 4 year olds. So on with the challenge....



OOOOOH! Did you know that Lynne @ Happier Than A Pig In Mud is having a Paula Deen Cookoff May 15th?! Uh-huh! So with a little early planning here we go!

Want to try a yummy, juicy, delicioso chicken? You have got to try Paula Deen's Lemon Pepper and Rosemary Roasted Chicken.


Just the smell of this will have your mouth watering!

Ready for a lemony side dish?

How about with....


Asparagus!

Super easy too. Just steam the asparagus until tender. While the asparagus is steaming, mix in a small bowl

2 Tbsp mayo
Juice and zest of one clean lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

This is a creamy, lemony sauce that goes perfect with steamed asparagus.

And, don't forget dessert!


This one does take a little planning. The pound cake is very moist, but takes 24 hours to cure. I got the recipe from Stone Gable. I did take a little liberty with it though. I didn't add the poppyseeds and glaze. I did though, smear some lemon curd over it and top with sliced strawberries. Oh yeah, I also sprinkled it with powdered sugar.

So, for those of you wondering, yes I can make dinner out of lemons!

I know you were sitting on the edge of your seat pondering this question.

12 comments:

Lynn said...

I was in your corner Maggie, I knew you could do it! Let me just say "yum"! That little bird looks great, lemon and rosemary are wonderful together! Thanks for the shout-out:@)

Lori said...

Yummy Maggie ~ love the looks of that chicken and the pound cake ~ hello gorgeous!! Happy Tuesday sweet lady. xo

Doris said...

Oh I was right there with you! Yes you can, yes you can, yes you can....and you did =) Sweet!

Southern Lady said...

Now, that's a dinner I could sink my teeth into! Carla

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

WOW! All of this lemony yumminess! I LOVE the chicken! Your pictures are good enought to lick right off of the computer screen!
Thanks for the shout out! The lemon curd on the pound cake is a brillant idea!
xo Yvonne

Red Couch Recipes said...

I could really enjoy the pound cake -- of course, I could eat a whole jar of lemon curd if I wasn't a bit careful. jONI

Renée said...

All perfect foods to pair with lemons! Great job...I'm sure it all tasted divine. Got to get my Paula Dean on with you too! Happy Easter to you and yours.

Jacqueline said...

In my language of love, lemons come right after chocolate and alongside raspberries. I have a similar recipe for the roasted chicken that I first had when I had my 5th baby, a neighbor brought it over and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Smear lemon curd on anything and I am all over it! Have a wonderful Easter, with a touch of lemon!

Travel With Lulu said...

My mom claims she could only get me to drink medicine with a squirt lemon in it - so I get it :) Happy Easter

thepurplerose said...

http://69.9.3.100/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=2437833

Here is the web site with the pattern. It is on the front of the magazine in green behind the turquoise (L-O-V-E I-T!!) table.

Hildie said...

Where've you been?

Julie said...

Delicious flavors!!!