Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top Of The Morning To You!

Did you know the correct response is

"And the rest of the day to you!"

Ok, so it isn't morning anymore, but things didn't fall into place like I had planned. I had a few errands to run this morning that kept me from playing. All I wanted to do was go home and set my table!

Finally....


I was able to! Get ready for picture overload! I wanted an Irish theme without it screaming Happy St Pat's Day! I wanted to be able to use the elements in other themes.


The "doh!" choice for a table cloth was green. I really wanted an emerald green one but couldn't find one. I guess I know what I will be on the hunt for at Christmas! I found this battenburg lace topper at Home Goods and thought it would be perfect in the center.


I used my favorite plates as the base, a green depression glass salad plate I found at the antique store for $3 and another salad plate that I found at Pier One. It is called the "doily plate".


I love how the plates mimic the layered tablecloths. A matching green dinner napkin with a simple silver napkin ring tops it all off.


This silver is new to the farmhouse! I found it at the antique store also. I just love this set! Next week there will be a post about it and how to polish silver.


An unusual part of this set is it came with not only all the serving pieces but 2 children sized place settings. Isn't it sweet?


I used a simple flute, water glass and Irish Coffee mug to finish the setting.


I also used a green beer mug that I got at the Dollar Store for a little treat for the kids, including my big kid. I used a balloon weight in the center, a little shredded paper for filler and some gold chocolate coins.

So there it is, my table I have been planning for the last 2 weeks.

Tablecloth, topper and napkins - Home Goods
Dinner Plates - TJ Maxx and Marshalls
Green Depression salad plates - Livingston Antique Outlet
Doily salad plate - Pier One
Napkin rings - Bed, Bath and Beyond
Silverware - Green's Consignment
Flutes - Target years ago!
Water glasses - gift from my MIL. Given to her for a wedding present

Menu

Corned Beef and Cabbage
White Soda Bread
Steel Cut Oatmeal Cake
Asti Spumante
Irish Coffee

Tomorrow look for a post with recipes for the menu!

16 comments:

Donnie said...

Very pretty. Happy St Patrick's Day.

thepurplerose said...

what a beautiful table!! I love the addition of the silverware!!

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful table! I love what you did with the green mugs!

Visiting from BNOTP and your newest follower!

Carolyn

Lynn said...

Lovin' your festive table Maggie! What time's dinner??? Lovin' the doily plates, so pretty! Happy St. Patty's Day-have fun:@)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm your latest follower, visiting from BNOTP as I just adore your table! The dishes are beautiful, the lace plate goes so beautifully with your lace plate! Love your flatware and thew soft greens.
Hope you visit me and wishing a nice St. Pat's.
Day.
FABBY

Southern Lady said...

Love it! You really have set a festive table. Hope you all enjoy your special meal. Carla

Erin @ House on Hope said...

Great photography! What kind of camera do you use? Love your blog too -- Another Erin!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Love the new look of your blog and the table setting is very pretty. Love the green. Wish I would have checked out your blog this morning so I would have know how to respond to all the Irish greetings I got today! :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you for your lovely comments...yes, I designed it at least 10 yrs. ago, at my hubby's ceramic factory he had for 30 years, I did 14-15 patterns; he sold it 3 yers. ago. So, it really wasn't made for St. Pat's, but it turned out good with the shamrocks, I guess that's why it's quiet, hahaha
FABBY

Lori said...

It looks wonderful Maggie!! Look at you go. Hope you had a wonderful St. Paddy's day and that your week-end is the best ever. xo

thepurplerose said...

I found it, found it, found it, found it!!! After searching for two hours I finallly found the blog with the napkins that I fell in love with!!! Here is the link: http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2011/03/celebrating-st-patricks-day-at-foodie.html
Not as nice as yours of course but I still love it!!!

thepurplerose said...

I have another post I want you to read about your pics. I know you said the other day you wanted them to be bigger on your posts. Go here: http://www.iheartfaces.com/2007/10/enlarging-your-photos-tutorial-by-karyn/
This is really good to get your pics full size. This is how I do them on my blog, it really works!!! This is also a good site for photog hints.

Luncheons at the Junction said...

Have to say I love this table - maybe because I have to same lovely cut tablecloth! LOL. It is a perfect compliment to your beautiful cut edge dishes. Thanks for sharing!

Deborah said...

Love the green..so pretty!
You set a lovely table! :)

Deborah xo

Marigene said...

I am loving all the green this week...beautiful table. Love your linens.

Doris said...

Just had to say....what a beautiful table! Love the green and white. And, thanks for visiting my blog! I'm reading more of your posts this morning and will check out some of your followers too. So interesting!