Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So What Do You Think?

It's still a work in progress though. The tabs at the top are empty. I am not sure if I want to transfer the posts over to it or start fresh so to speak.

Besides passing around a nasty bug last week and the internet being down, I did manage to get some future posts written! There are so really cool things going to be happening at the farmhouse!

As for this week....

It's St Patty Week!

I love St Patrick's Day!

Yes, I am Irish if you couldn't tell from my maiden name. How many Maggie Connell's are not Irish? My family comes from Knockahopple, County Tipperary in Ireland.


I so want to go and visit, but as yet have not.


I really suck at stealing pics!

Anyways.... there is another reason why I love St Pat's Day. My, then boyfriend, and I were sitting around at our old house. We started talking about marriage. He looked at me and said "Well if you want to marry me, there is a ring in my top dresser drawer". Needless to say he is now my hubby! So the day always brings back sweet memories.

I do have some things I can't wait to show you this week!

My St Patty's Day table that I have been planning, tweaking and stressing over for the last 2 weeks. Don't believe me? Ask my poor sister. I think she will be glad when it is finally over! Something will be making it's debut on the table that I have already fallen in love with!

I'm also going to show you how to corn your own corned beef! It's way easier than it sounds. Really! So worth the effort too. It comes from Boston's Durgin Park Restaurant. They are famous for their corned beef and cabbage. It isn't a pretty red color like the corned beef sold in grocery stores, but mighty tasty!

I also have a treat up my sleeve too. A little sweet something that is traditionally served in Ireland for St Pat's Day.

So til then....

Cead Mile Failte

8 comments:

thepurplerose said...

I like the new look!!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I love St Patty's too. I've been to Ireland it is amazing! I want to go back! Can't wait to see all your treats!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

OOOh Laaaa Laaaa! I love the new look, my friend! The tabs look great!
I can't wait to learn how to Corn the beef, especially if is coming form an Irish girl!
Love you,
Yvonne

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Love the new place here. So fresh!!!!
And I love your *love story* so very sweet :)
I finally did a post about special places in our home. I remember you asked a looooong time ago!
So there it is-with you, my dear, in mind!
xo, misha

Lori said...

I snuck over to take a peak last night Maggie and I love it! It is fresh and clean ~ perfect for spring. I went to Northern Ireland in '88 and it was incredible. I cannot wait to see your table. xo

Southern Lady said...

Can't wait to see what you have for us! Carla

Roeshel said...

Looking forward to see what you're up to! Love your proposal story - so sweet. :) Happy St. Patrick's Day, Maggie! I'm a mutt, but there's Irish somewhere in there. ;) lol

Take care.
Roeshel

Beth said...

Maggie, I really like the new look to your blog! Awesome!
Beth