Saturday, April 3, 2010

Squeezing Out One Last One!

Before the egg coloring, the egg hunt, the baking and cooking for tomorrow I managed to squeeze out one more Easter project.



I bought some wooden eggs from Joann Fabrics the other day. I also used some silver and brown paint, a paint brush and an egg carton.



I painted the eggs silver one half at a time using the egg carton for a holder and palette.

When they were dry, I brushed on some brown paint with a very wet sponge brush. Then I took a wet paper towel to blot some off.

And....



Faux mercury eggs for the Easter brunch table!

Really quick and easy!

Posted at Tatertots and Jello's Weekend Wrap Up Party!

7 comments:

deb said...

Just too darn cute!!
Happy Easter!
*hugs*deb

Donatella said...

VERY CUTE!!HAVE A VERY HAPPY EASTER MY DEAR!!

Red Door Home said...

Great idea and ver clever. Love how you displayed the egg in white ironstone! Found you via Tatertots and Jello.

Love the Decor! said...

Love it!!
Happy Easter to you and your family!!

Dar said...

Very creative...I think I like them...a lot.
Happy Easter Sunday to you and yours

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Have a wonderful Easter! xo, misha

cindy said...

Yeah, I have 3 bags of wooden eggs I had every intention of 'fixing up', but alas, they languish in the corner of my craft table, accepting their fate of being relegated to my pile of crafting good intentions. *sigh*