Thursday, April 8, 2010

Playing....

Nothing much is happening here.

Cleaning.

Laundry.

Boring stuff.

So I thought that I would play a bit.

With dishes.

So I recreated my table for Easter brunch.



Ta daa!

My husband was surprised that I went with green for it. I am not a lover of the green color.



The centerpiece....blah blah blah.... you've seen that before.



These are my "good" dishes. I bought them about 12 years ago.



They are just simple white porcelain dishes with a 14kt gold trim from Target. The tablecloth and napkins are new from Joann Fabrics. I like the little cutout edging.



Originally I was planning on doing the table in yellow and purple. It was cause of this idea that I didn't. I looked EVERYWHERE for egg cups! I had just about given up until I found these at of all places, Joann Fabrics! Unfortunately they only had green left.

Hence, the new green tablecloth and napkins.

And no, I am not clever, I got this idea from Yvonne at Stone Gable! She is the clever one, I am just a copy cat!



These cute little shakers I got at the same time as the dishes. I think I found them at Marshall's. The glasses were given to me by my MIL. She received them as a wedding gift. There is also a pitcher that goes with them.



So there it is. My recreation of my Easter Brunch tablescape. Kinda bare, but lots of room for food! Cause we are eaters!

I promise that I will get better at this tablescaping stuff!



23 comments:

Amy said...

Really beautiful, that just brightened up my blah feeling day. Blessings to you! ~Amy

KM Studios said...

Love it.
That centerpiece is saying "welcome spring"..perfect for Easter brunch!

great job!!!

Tricia said...

Those pale green linens are so pretty! And the pansies in the egg cups are darling -- they add so much to the festive mood of your table.

Marigene said...

Simply lovely!

the old white house said...

That is so pretty... I love the flowers in the eggs great idea! I don't consider it stolen as much as shared, right? I wish I could say our table was as pretty I didn't get it set until just before dinner. Maybe something special one night this week... Theresa

Dar said...

Your table is lovely. I wouldn't want to eat off of it for fear of spills. It is grand. I love the pansies. They were my Grandmothers favorite flower as well as my Mom's and Mine.
Thanks for 'borrowing' this sweet tablescape. Well done.
BlessYa

Anonymous said...

what a lovely tablescape and home you have! I am also a Michigander...off to peek more at your blog! Happy Thursday! :)

Nancy

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi but I've not seen the centerpiece before and it is lovely. A big pot of stew or soup would be wonderful in it.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Cher' Shots said...

your tablescape is wonderful. I'm a believer that sometimes "less is more" and it's always nice to save enough room for the food:)

Sharon Haynie said...

Sometimes I want to put so much on the table to decorate that there is no room for food. Lovely table!

Anonymous said...

That centerpiece is so cute!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Maggie, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! This is a legitimately beautiful table! I love your good dishes! And the soft green is beautiful. Your centerpiece is truely a masterpiece. I mean it! Beautiful use of your soup tureen. And I noticed those lovely silverleaf eggs.
The napkins are so pretty with the cut out floral edges peeking out from between your plates! If you are not a "green girl", what colors do you like?
Thanks for the shout-out! You're the best!
xo Yvonne

Unknown said...

YOur table is so eloquent.
I just love the napkins. So fresh and so dainty.

Donatella said...

looks so lovely...very pretty centerpiece...

Martha said...

A very pretty table.

Ridgely (Grandma J @ Dear Angelene) said...

Beautiful in its simplicity!

Lori said...

I love the little pansies at each place setting and white dishes are classic.
I have not hidden in a closet to eat chocolate in years by the way.... Congrats on your 5 lbs Maggie ~ I know it is hard as I keep thinking on how well I could do if I really tried... Thanks again for being such a great cheerleader!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Maggie,
Your table is beautiful, and the centerpiece is my favorite part. You are good!
Have a great weekend.

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Your tablescape is so beautiful. I love your use of the little egg cups for little flowers. Just gorgeous.

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

yummmmmm. I love me some cream of broccoli soup! Did you save some for me?! very pretty images.

Thanks so very much for your sweet comment on my Mini Cupcake Pincushions! I really appreciate it! Have a delightful weekend...

Maria said...

Get better? What do you mean get better???? This table is gorgeous!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How very pretty and soft this is. You did a great job with your flowers in the egg cups. This is just lovely.

cindy said...

Gorgeousness all over the place. LOVE those gold trimmed dishes...and the cups are way beautiful. I served the big ZERO on Easter. Thankfully, my children ate, though, as we were invited to a friends for Easter dinner :)