Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Love Gadgets!

They are a secret passion of mine. I got all kinds of gadgets. Some I even have two or three of. Drives my hubby nuts cause I got stuff all over. Gadgets. I may not even have a use for them or know what they are for, but I got them!

Especially kitchen gadgets!

But this is about my new online gadget. I love to cook. I've found this out in the last few years. I have gotten better at it.



My cookbook collection is growing. I love books and reading. I can read a cookbook like a novel. Weird. One thing I am not good at....



....writing recipes down on recipe cards. Or maybe it is my lack of organizational skills. Either way, I end up with a mess on top of the fridge. Recipes I write down, find on the back of packages, printed off the internet, they all go in "The Pile On Top Of The Fridge".

Every 6 months or so though, I do go through and get a bad case of writer's cramp rewriting these all down on recipe cards. Then I start all over with a new pile. I mean, what is a fridge without a messy pile of stuff on it?

Anyways back to the gadget thing. I found at All Recipes a cool tool! I can put my recipes on recipe cards and share them with y'all! So from now on, you can just click on a recipe title and it will take you to my online recipe box and you can print off the recipe if you would like to keep it. No more mess on the fridge! Well.... let's not get too crazy now!

Want to try it out?

Okay....

Here are the recipes that I made yesterday. Yes, I avoided laundry at all costs. But everyone was so fat and happy that they did not care they had to wear dirty underwear again. So here we go....



Irish Soda Bread Super easy to make! No kneading or letting the dough rise. It is a sweet bread. Almost like an Irish version of stohlen. I left out the raisins though since I was serving it with....


Creamy Potato Soup! This soup is incredible! For all you soup lovers you have to try this. Another easy one. This soup was so good, the bitty one asked for it for breakfast! Now if that isn't a compliment, I don't know what is. I think I am going to work on it though and maybe next time make it with applewood bacon and sour cream. Almost like a baked potato soup.

Ah crap, now I am hungry....

Anyways....


The main course. Baked ham with box potatoes and sour cream chive garnish and plain old green beans. I was too tired to do anything special with the green beans at this point. I call the potatoes box potatoes due to the way I cut them. They don't come from a box.

Are ya still hungry?



For dessert there are Oatmeal Bars drizzled with chocolate! I don't know why they are called bars cause they are more like a cake. The kids scarfed them down though so I don't think it mattered much.

Can you tell I was reading my Irish cookbook? All these recipes, except for the main dishes, were from my "Irish Heritage" cookbook. I was looking through there to find a traditional meal for St. Pat's Day dinner which we weren't here for. So I didn't make.

So....what do you think of my new gadget? Handy huh?!

8 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Well, you sure were busy!

"Yes, I avoided laundry at all costs. But everyone was so fat and happy that they did not care they had to wear dirty underwear again." This just made me laugh out loud!!! :D

I love allrecipes.com. In fact, I used the site to make my grocery list yesterday. It's so easy and convenient.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Okay, I'm really behind for this one. What a fantastic idea... both avoiding laundry at all costs and the recipies on line! Can anyone access your recipies? I would love to see what are recipe card worthy! I love all of the food you make! Now I'm starving! Yummy.
This is a great and helpful post, Maggie!
Now what other wonderful things are you going to tell us about to avoid doing laundry?
Love,
Yvonne

Dar said...

Cool new tool...had to check it out and wa-la, there it was...fast and easy
Thanks for sharing.
Bless Ya and Sweet Eats

Donatella said...

wow!! can I come eat at your house...

Embellished Bayou said...

It definitely looks like everyone is well fed at your house! Thanks for sharing your new "gadget"!

Free Art Printables said...

That fresh bread looks awesome!!!! I am so hungry now reading your post!!!!! :)

Robyn said...

I'm weird too then! I can totally read a cookbook like a novel as well. I especially love cookbooks that have little stories in them about the recipe. Like the Silver Palette cookbooks or Dom DeLuise. THOSE are even more fun!

Robyn said...

ohh, and you have a new follower! ;-)