Friday, July 1, 2011

Kensington

I meant to post these awhile ago. As you know I had a busy week peeing on myself and doing some "bed rest". Before I retired to my death bed when I thought I just had a cold we were out and about a bit.


Father's Day we took Dad to Kensington Lake for a picnic. Kensington is a metro park not too far from our house. There is something for everyone there, summer or winter.


We hit the beach first though.


For a little swimming....


....and sand castle building. Don't even wonder if I got into a bathing suit. I was in a mumu. Of course this is when I thought I was just fat. I didn't realize I was fat AND bloated.


Then my favorite part....EATING! I really need to find a new hobby. Isn't my vintage picnic basket cute though? I need to make a liner for it. Notice how the picnic basket wasn't enough and we also needed the gargantuan on wheels cooler too? Yeah, who needs to diet?


After everyone was fat and stuffed we moo-seyed on over to the farm. I love the farm. Especially when they have babies there. I even learned one day how to milk a cow. Do I need a life or what?! That was actually the highlight of my day too.


Bitty One was greeted by Mama Cow when we went into the barn. Scared the crap out of her too! Dad couldn't even coax her to touch her.


Ugh! If only I looked this good on bed rest!


There was this guy begging for a bit of food. A man after my own heart! If I looked that cute maybe I would get some snacks and not just weird stares.

Duck, duck, duck....


Goose!


Mama Cow did not want to come out of the barn! Like mother....


....like son!


My daughter could of hung out with the horses all day! She just loves horses.


I could of stayed and took pictures all day. Love all the funky gardens they have around.


I do have to admit that I thought of my favorite funky junkinator, Donna, when I took these. This definitely looks like something she would design!


Lookit my kids all wore out from a day at the beach! Aren't they precious when they are asleep?!

That was about it for our day at Kensington. Are we the most exciting people on the face of the earth or what?!

Next, I will show you our day at Crossroads Village with my sister and her son.

Woohoo! I am living large in more ways than one!

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you're cracking me up! your kids are so cute. wish i could borrow your daughter. i've got 2 horses that could use a brushing! :)

Unknown said...

I think my girls would just adore yours...next time I'm north, I'll letcha know. Cheers!
Miss Charlotte
www.lesbonnesideesmag.com/nouveau

bj said...

You just tickle the p out of me. I love coming by and catching a little of your humor to brighten my day.
Looks like a fun day. I wish we had a lake near us. The nearest thing to it...a tiny lake at the park by our house but, with no rain for all winter and summer, we can walk across the water...well, I BET we could, anyway. Really nearly empty.

bj said...

You can slap me all over the place...I was just checking to make sure I was a follower and...
GASP....I wasn't. I AM NOW.

Lynn said...

Woo Hoo a fun day at the zoo! Looks like you all had a great time Maggie! Lots of fun things for the kids to do, gotta laugh at the lady trying to pull the cow. I'm glad you're feeling better! Happy July 4th Weekend:@)

Anonymous said...

looks like your family had a wonderful time! your pictures are beautiful!

Designs on 47th Street said...

What a fun time. I truly enjoyed seeing your pictures. Your daughter is so pretty.

Dnna

TexWisGirl said...

(came over to answer your question - they're black-bellied whistling ducks. previously only seen along the gulf coast in Texas & Florida, they've been making their way to Run*A*Round Ranch in NE Tx now for 8 yrs. and they've been spotted as far north as Maryland now!)

Anonymous said...

Maggie,

Just read through your last few posts. I too have been down for the count with a pinched sciatic nerve. Master gardening is not for wimps! I hope you are feeling better. Your wine holder is a sugar scuttle and usually comes with a tiny scoop. Your day at Kensington looked like fun! I would love to get a pig if they were the size of hamsters.

Your Friend,
Deborah

Unknown said...

Still laughing from your previous write, Maggie. Love your pictures. What a lovely time you all had.Hope you are feeling better.

May her flag fly high & proud forever over this great land ... may God see the changes we need & grant us that blessing.

Happy 4th, sweetie.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Roeshel said...

What fun! Great pictures! :)

Happy 4th! Family, food, fun & fireworks!

Roeshel

Lori said...

What a great day you had Maggie ~ love all your pictures ~ is it you or your new camera *wink ~ wink* Wishing you a fabulous 4th of July. xo