Monday, July 4, 2011

Day Two

Sorry this is so late! Day 2 kicked my fat buttocks all over the dang place! I was so whupped that I really don't even remember going to bed.


We started at 7 freaking a.m. pushing....


....pulling....


....and digging. Usually at this time I am just trying to get my pajamas untwisted and make coffee at the same time!

I don't know if I have said this before, but I am old and repeat myself quite a bit, but our basement leaks. I knew it was bad last week when I had my son come and take the frog out of there that I found. He was just sitting there all happy like in a puddle. That is why we are doing this now. The grade slopes into the house which makes all the water just pour in too. We also don't have a walk up to the front of the house. Aren't we just the welcomey kind of people.


Me and my faithful companion worked while the man....


....took a ride with his "crew". He was digging alot faster than I was pulling plants so I needed to get a bit ahead of him.

You know what I did realize though?! I am old and fat. Usually when I am working on the front of the house, I get all kinds of honks and whistles. This year, not ONE SINGLE HONK! Not even a pity honk or whistle! I was even in a bikini top and shorts. You know what was the real kick in the butt? I told my hubby about it and when he came back, he couldn't even give me a honk! Ugh! The nerve....

You should also be glad that blogger doesn't have smell a vision! Wooo doggie! Did I stink! I think I sweat about 80 gallons and yes mom, I drank about 300 gallons of water!

So that was about it for day 2. From 7 am to midnight we were working.

Exciting day 3 started at 8:12 am. Seriously! So stayed tuned!

8 comments:

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Looks like fun. Okay, not really, but I can't wait to see the final results.

TexWisGirl said...

LOL! i don't get any honks either any more!!! :)

Lynn said...

No honks or whistles is ok... screeching tires as they try to get away is not! You're doing just fine girl:@)

deb said...

Whew what an undertaking!! No honks or whistles? hey you know little old men can't see and the young were drunk (it was the 4th of july after all) you looked a little blurry. :)

Make sure you keep drinking plenty of water...Just had to say it!

*hugs*deb

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

It has been a long time since I got a honk or whistle either, I feel your pain:):) Can't wait to see what you do! XO, Pinky

Lori said...

I cannot believe that you didn't even get a pity honk!! You make me smile my friend ~ all your hard work will pay off ~ I know it! xo

Jacqueline said...

Oh, but it will feel good when you get it done! You should have blogged a pic of you in the bikini top and shorts. We would have honked for you - HONK HONK!!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I only get honked at when I forget to go when the light turns green. I don't think that counts.

Gracious, what a project! We ripped out some hedges and holly bushes earlier this spring, so I can only imagine what kind of work you've been doing.

And don't feel bad about your walk up to the house; ours goes from the front door halfway down the yard and stops. Who does that?