Friday, October 14, 2011

Tennessee or Bust!

Well kiddos, looks like we are bound for Tennessee! They made an offer to my husband yesterday and he accepted it. He starts October 24th.

WHAT?! You can't leave me with these kids, they are CUH-RAZY!

Well now wait a minute, what kind of trouble can I cause while he is gone? Hmmmm,,,,

Painting?

Tearing something apart with no idea how to put it back together?

Break some more bones?

The possibilities are oh so endless! I guess I should start going through the mounds of crap and paring down a bit for the move this summer. I'm hoping on some of the weekend trips some stuff can get taken down. Then one BIG load this summer. I have records to get copies of, accounts to move, addresses to change, new schools to find....

Ugh....

I told my husband I was leaving the picking out of the house to him. I just want a dining room! Could you imagine all the dishes I could stockpile if I had a dining room. Goodness! I wonder if he could find a white farmhouse down there?

How I hate moving!

I do hope to move up the stairs this weekend to get my project done. I know I keep on saying that. This cast is turning into a real PITA. The other day I got a charlie horse in my foot and rolled around on the floor in pain til it stopped. I will do my best to get it done though for you sweethearts.

For now, I have To Do Lists to make!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Congrats Maggie, I'm so excited for your family! Wishing you all the best! You'll do fine with the kids, just don't turn your back on them:@)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, congratulations to you all on this new opportunity! i do hope it will be a good move for you all! i don't envy you in the least, however. and i feel a bit sad for your kiddos - having to leave friends and schools behind and start anew. but one step at a time!!! congrats to your hubby!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I know you'll be fine. I am amazed that you are entrusting your hubby to choose the house!!!!!!!!! I could NEVER do that!!!!!!!:):) XO, Pinky

Barbara F. said...

Congrats Maggie! Tennessee is a beautiful state. xo

the old white house said...

Congratulations to all of you! Tennessee is beautiful and you would have a lot more days like we did these past couple weeks... lucky you!
i'm with Pinky though, I wouldn't send Duane alone to pick out the house! You are so trusting Maggie! O.k. girl we NEED to meet before you move! Have fun sorting!
Duane was blessed with a job yesterday too! NO move for us though, but a regular paycheck again is very welcome! So YAY to both of our families! t. xooxoxox

Lori said...

Well yeehaw ~ ya'll are moving to the bluegrass state! I am excited for you Maggie and although I know moving is a PITA ~ along with your cast ~ just think of a clean slate ~ a new chapter. I will be here for you baby ~ through it all and you know ~ Nashville IS on my wanna visit list! xo

Lori said...

Just want to chime in on the total trust part in picking out the house ~ ahem ~ never would I be able to do that!! I would end up with a garage and a little teeny tiny house attached to it.

Beth said...

I'm excited for you, Maggie! What a fabulous city, and to get away from northern winters - fabulous! Say hello to Vince (Gill) for me...
Hugs, Beth

life...just saying said...

Tennessee is our neighbor here in Ketuck. Welcome to the south. It sounds exciting, though I don't envy the packing and moving. New follower of your cute blog!

krkt said...

where ya at in TN? this da*n yankee is south of murfreesboro, not too many like minds have i found the past ten years here, they hear, "our accent" as they call it, and know we can b quite, should i say, "unique", glad to have ya, let me know, we can go junkin together, ya missed the 1oo mile yardsale, we can hit that up next yr. love ur blog, I just got done scrapin wallpaper off my farmhouse kitchen, "fixin to" pain her this weekend. the barn half blew down last storm, betya got a ton of ideas for that kinda medium,,,, prrrty wood to play with. hollar at me soon, safe journies,
hugs
Lori