Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Little Something Something

Here ya go! The last sneak peak til the

BIG REVEAL!

Anyone else want to show off your bedroom? Maybe we will have a linky party?!

Anyways, I needed a little something to sit my lard butt at....


....since my old vanity is now my night table. Enter the dirty filthy vanity stool.

I love my vanity. It was the first piece of furniture that my husband bought me. I think it was a subtle hint that I should atleast look in the mirror and brush my hair before running out in the morning. Anyways the bitty one is infatuated with makeup and nail polish. She got a tube of lipstick and proceeded to "paint" the stool.

Grrrr.....

So I made a skirt with of course, pleats!



and made some piping



and threw it all together with about 873 staples




and Voila! A new vanity stool!

Now back to the old grinstone (aka the sewing machine). I still have a couple of projects to do before the BIG REVEAL on Monday morning.

8 comments:

Donatella said...

Great job!!turned out perfect.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Another masterpiece, Maggie. I want to know if there is anything you can't do !! haha. XXXX

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Very cute. I feel the same way about my sewing machine. I like being able to sew what I want, but I don't like sewing. If I had the money to have custom made curtains, slipcovers, upholstery, etc...I would throw my out the window.

DustyLu said...

Beautiful! I wish I could sew! Teach us! lol..lulu

Anonymous said...

Your slipcover turned out great! Such a cute vanity stool. Can't wait to see the big reveal of the bedroom!

Lori said...

Wow Maggie ~ it looks fantastic!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Maggie, this turned out beautiful. You go, girl! I am so proud of you. You are transforming every inch of your bedroom. I am so excited to see the final reveal! I have a vanity too- and a vanity stool that looks just like yours only in cherry! Mine, like yours used to be, is so motley and ready for a makeover! I am rug hooking a cover with my monogram. Goodness knows how long it will take!
Love your newly covered stool with the lovely pleated skirt!You are very talented!
Yvonne

thepurplerose said...

Visit my site and read my recent post and know you are one of my inspirational bloggy friends!!