Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just Breathe

Okay, so yesterday I took out the hem that I had put in these curtains when I bought them. Luckily I had not cut them and then hemmed them.

Being lazy does help at times!

Then I ironed them....


I think that being super wrinkly and having a large hem helped. See the difference?

But now I have a new problem....

When I thought that I was going to have to seriously rethink these I envisioned them with a valance. And I liked what it looked like in my head. If it goes as usual, it will look much better in my head than in reality.



I didn't let the hem out of this pair though since the dog would just lay on them.

Hi Sheba!



I also decided that I didn't like this look any more. I want the panels pleated. I found the pleater tape that I had bought when I got these curtains. Wouldn't you know I only bought enough to do half the curtains. So I guess that I am off to buy more pleater tape tonight.

I'll show you later how to put it on and use it. I like it cause then I can take down my drapes and just flat iron them. No need to steam in the pleats.

You may wonder what happens when you tell a 3 year old to "go play so I can get this done"?



Yeah.... Atleast that room is on the list for NEXT month.

14 comments:

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Glad it worked out. Anxious to see the pleater tape in action....never heard of it.
Have a great day!!
*hugs*deb

Jacqueline said...

The curtains are looking great, so far, Maggie. ... and I just love the last photo of your little 3 year old at play !! It brings back so many memories !! XXXX

Loretta said...

OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!! My sweet little Boss hogg!! I am so proud of her--it could have been worse--you know how she is!!

You caught a good break on the curtains--you have a week to finish until I'm there to take a pic of them!!!

Loretta said...

I left her cousin alon like that once--hence his nickname "yellow balls."

Beth said...

Oh, I KNOW all too well what happens when you tell your 3 year old to go play, LOL Looks like she had fun though :)

Anita said...

Browsing today, I found your blog. Seeing that you are a fellow Tennessee Girl, I knew that I had to sign up as a follower. Come see me when you have a chance and looking forward to getting to know you.

Tracey said...

Yep I can relate...when they are out of sight and too quiet I always wonder if I should just thank my lucky stars I can get something done and not worry about the likely hurricane they are creating, or go and check on why all is so out of the ordinary quiet :)

Lucky duck you know how to sew! If you can't do it with Liquid Stitch, hot glue, or a staple gun, I don't do it!

:) T

Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I have one of those little mess makers too, It spreads all over the house!:)

Donatella said...

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING EVERYONE IN BLOGGERVILLE I LOVE YOUR BLOG

Lori said...

Maggie ~ you make me laugh out loud and snort! I cannot wait to see what you do with the curtains ~ do what you envisioned and they WILL be wonderful!

pk @ Room Remix said...

I've not used pleater tape before so I'm looking forward to the tutorial. That last picture is too funny! Looks like fun though, right? :-) Have a good weekend.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Thank you for your heart warming and touching comments.
*hugs*deb

Donatella said...

Maggie, what a super meal, whoah! Lotta work, but homemade is truly the best... Looks great, yummy (that cake too!). Thanks for stopping agin too ; )
Bye~

Donatella said...

If you haven't made the eggplant dish before, you will definately enjoy, and the way you cook I can tell you've got 'the touch'!