The very uber cool and classy Jacqueline has bestowed on me another award!
I love Jacqueline!
She makes my heart sing as all my blogging friends do! In fact count that as number 1 on my list. I love waking up in the morning, getting a cup of coffee and seeing that Jacqueline has a new post. Her blog has the most amazing photography and words of wisdom you will ever find. My newest favorite saying comes from her "Anyone who thinks that sunshine is pure happiness, has never danced in the rain." She always gives me words of encouragement and a swift kick in the pants when I need it! Is there any better kind of friend?!
So I cheated a bit on my list of 10 things that make me happy and listed all my bloggy friends. All of you make my heart smile and I am a much better person for knowing you! I also feel honored that all of you call me a friend!
A big kiss to all of you!
The rules are to list 10 things (I have 9 more to go) that make you happy. Then to pass it on to 10 friends.
So 9 more things.... Hmmmm......
2. Snuggling a baby head. You know the baby head with the newborn hair on it. All soft and snuggly and smelly good. Do you know how hard it is to resist picking up a newborn baby in the store and snuggling it's head? The fear of being arrested keeps me from it.... but still....
3. That my children will spare no expense to making someone smile.
4. Watching the children laugh and play in our expansive pool that we saved our pennies for. Even if it meant that we couldn't afford bathing suits!
5. Realizing that you are not as old as you thought you were! This one may take alot of "splaining to do" so if you have to go pee or refill a beverage you might want to. I'll wait....
....See when I was younger and you got in trouble my dad always made you the age you were going to be next. If you were 13 and got in trouble 3 days after your birthday he always started with "You're 14 young lady...." It seems that somewhere along the line I started to add 2 years to my age. When I sit down and figure out how old I really am, it always makes me happy.
6. Finally finishing a project that has been hanging around for months! Who doesn't feel happy about that?
7. My bathroom. I love my bathroom now. It's my private sanctuary when the world gets to be too heavy for my shoulders. Slip into the tub with some candles and Cindy's Moonlight Garden salts and I am a very happy girl! BTW - Bring back your Moonlight Garden scent Cindy!
8. The way the house smells when you have something yummy in the oven. God I love food!
9. Getting nice mail. I love going to the mailbox and finding nice mail. Not the hate mail that I get from the utility companies. A card that someone took the time out of their day to send to you. Unfortunately our mail lady sucks. She will never deliver packages to our house since she actually has to pull up in the driveway and walk up to the house. Otherwise it would be packages of goodness.
10. Okay, so I cheated. I really thought of him first, but I thought that was a given. I feel so special that this wonderful man has chosen to love me for the rest of my life. I know that at times I really test him too. He truly makes my heart smile. I know that I am a better person, not because of past experiences, but because he has chosen to love me.
Now to pass it along....
My daughter Brianna
My sister Loretta
Yvonne @ Stone Gables who has quickly become a dear friend
Tracy @ French Larkspur who if I had the money would make a very rich girl!
Donna @ Funky Junk who I would love to hire to redo my house like hers!
Miss Mustard Seed cause how doesn't want to be like her?!
Cindy @ Cottage Instincts but only if she brings back her Moonlight Garden fragrance (J/K)
Jan @ Bobbypins Boardwalk for her inspirational ideas
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality cause who could this incredible lady NOT inspire?
Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for making me take a whole different look at my table