So what do you do when you are going away for the weekend, need some snacky type of food and something for a quick breakfast?! You run to Butter Yum's blog and search through all her yummy recipes. She posted these muffins a week ago. They looked so good and of course so easy I just had to try them.
Unfortunately, they didn't survive 12 hours. Lots of happy faces and tummies though.
I just had to change them up a bit cause I can't leave well enough alone!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Muffins
1 Spice cake mix
1 can Pumpkin puree
1/2 - 3/4 cup water
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin. I found that when I used a name brand pumpkin it was a bit drier and I used 3/4 cup of water. This time using a store brand, I used 1/2 cup of water. Add water 1/4 cup at a time, mix will be on the stiff side. Add chocolate chips.
Add liners to muffin pan. Evenly distribute mix into 12 liners.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Let cool, if you can.
These muffins just can't be described. Smooth and creamy is what they are!
If that isn't enough....
I got another award! This one is from the talented Sabrina @ Eat, Drink and Be Merry! Thank you so much Sabrina for including me! I am so honored!
So now for 7 things you may not know about me.
1. I am a total clutz! If there is a way to hurt myself, I will find it! Just today, I was playing in the yard with the kids. We were throwing these fluffy chunks of snow in the air and the dog was jumping for them. You had to hold them gently cause they would just disintegrate in your hands. I took one and told my son "Watch my incredible strength!" I smacked the top of my head with the snow clump. I do believe that I grabbed the only one that had a brick in the middle of it! Holy crap that hurt! I am hoping that the lump on my forehead turns purple so I can really feel stupid.
2. I love gadgets!
3. I like pumping gas cause I really like the smell of it.
4. I have realized that the fatter I get, the more I love to cook!
5. I hate peas!
6. I love scary movies but hate zombie and gory movies. If they are going to eat somebody in it, forget it!
7. Sometimes I take my shoes off without untying them even though I yell at my kids for doing that.
So there ya go! A few disturbing facts about me that you probably could of lived without knowing.
Now to pass it on to 10 bloggers!
Red Couch Recipes
Live Laugh Make Something
Observations of an Ordinary Life
Designs on 47th Street
Lisann's 48th Year
From My Front Porch In The Mountains
These ladies will have to write a post and post 7 things about them. Then pass it on to 10 bloggers.
As for me I am headed off to State Finals in Battle Creek! Hartland is ranked 3rd to win. It's a good thing this is not a talky blog cause I imagine I will be hoarse by the end of the weekend!
Enjoy your weekend!
Posted @ Funky Junk Interiors SNS #70