I have a very special person in my life. I feel guilty cause I don't mention her often. I have carried many titles in my life, but the one that I hold dear is the title of "Big Sister".
This screaming, crying, poop machine came into my life when I was 2. I gave it a whirl. 10 days later though my mom found her on the porch for the postman to "return". Hey, he brought her here. We are close, 2 years and 3 days apart.
I don't know if any of you are the "big sis", but it can suck growing up. We were the outcasts. All the kids around us went to public school and we went to Catholic schools. I think that automatically gives you coodies which the other kids can catch. So it was me and her.
I'm sorry to say that I didn't appreciate and support my little sister like I should have when I was younger. Why is it that you appreciate relationships more the older that you get? My most favorite memory of my sister is when I flew home for my mom's funeral. I was stationed in Georgia. I came off the plane and my little sister flew into my arms to protect her. I can still remember the feeling that I had. This is what it means to be a big sister.
I received from Londen a very sweet award!
Londen, you are so sweet to include me in your award! Thank you so much! If you haven't visited Londen's blog, you should do so! In honor of my little sis, I would like to list 10 things about her that makes me happy!
1. She has made me something that no one else could, a big sister.
2. I have a built in confidant and best friend!
3. I AM AN AUNT! I just love hearing "Aunt Maggie" coming out of his mouth! He's just so freaking cute anyways!
4. I can tell my deepest darkest secrets to her and know that they are safe.
5. She is a single mom and going for her degree in Accounting at U of M!
6. She has the most beautiful bed!
7. No matter what it is, she is always there to support me!
8. She saves my stuff that my dad wants to throw away!
9. She finds me free stuff! You have to wait to see her latest find for me though!
10. I can call her something that no one else in the world can.... sister. She means the world to me. She is the Yin to my Yang. Everything could fall apart and I know that she would be standing by my side. The greatest gift I have been given is my sister.
....and she has a blog!
She is big into photography! *hint hint Jacqueline*.
Now to pass on the bloggy love!
To everyone that visits and leaves a little bloggylove, this award is for you!
I mean, how could I just limit it to 10! Every single one of you inspire me on a daily basis. So this is for you!