Thursday, February 3, 2022

Finding Inspiration in the Little Things

 Sometimes you can find inspiration in the weirdest places.  I found mine for my bedroom at Lowe's in a plant.


Meet George


I found George in the clearance section and he was beautiful.  Atleast to me.  He also had a companion that I bought too.  Both were $1.00!  I happily brought him home and gave him some love!  Much needed love.

This got me to thinking of a flower pot in my basement.  My husband bought me the pot when we were first married.  I used to have a fig tree in it until our puppy at the time decided to eat it.  So the pot sat empty.  When we moved, the pot went to the basement and there it has sat.  

Until now....


I went down and found the pot.  I dumped out the old fig tree remnants and cleaned it up.  Nothing like a good old bubble bath to make you feel refreshed.  This would be the perfect new home for George!  Now where to put George?  Thus the inspiration was found.  George and his pot would go in the room and be my inspiration piece.

My sister found this and I instantly fell in love!


This was the look that I was looking for!  I had thought for a minute of painting the furniture white that was going in the room, but once I saw this I decided against it.  The floor in the room is expresso colored.  The headboard, armoire and dresser are also expresso colored.  So they are going to stay expresso.

Now for the bedding.  Again, my sister came to the rescue and found a beautiful bedding set from Ralph Lauren.


It's a duvet cover and 2 shams which is exactly what I wanted.  I kinda gasped at the price tag of it, but found it brand new in the package on Ebay for half the price.  Winner!



It matches the wall color that I chose from the flower pot perfectly.  The wall color is the middle one on the swatch called Tranquil Vibe.  Perfect name for a bedroom.

Now to get to work!  First is to clean out the room and paint.

Wish me luck!



2 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

All looks lovely Maggie. I love gardening but am rubbish at indoor plants ….. I think I kill them with kindness !!! XXXX

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Well.... George has passed over the rainbow bridge. He has been replaced with a new girl though. No name yet. Waiting to see if she survives.