Monday, April 11, 2016

About that bathroom....

So....this last few weeks things have gotten away from me.  Between the bathroom, my oldest's 20th birthday and Easter the time flew!

Get ready for picture overload!


My husband did a beautiful job on the floor!  I just love it!  We chose a windmill pattern and used a ceramic tile in a 12" and 4".


I did get to go shopping for this beauty too.  It was a complete set including the faucet, granite top, wash bowl and vanity.  I chose this mirror so the little one can tilt it to look in.  We also added the shaving mirror which is wonderful.  It telescopes and tilts so you can get a good view.  One side is regular and the other is magnifying.

.

We picked a toilet that has a top button flusher instead of the handle on the tank.  The metal finish is oil rubbed bronze which is a nice contrast with the beige walls and bright white trim.


We needed something for storage in here even when it is an actual half bath.  I looked at everything and anything!  Didn't find anything I liked.  Then, sitting in the living room, I realized this was the perfect piece.  I do want to do something about seeing all the "stuff" in it though.  But that is another project to come.  I found a seashell planter at Home Goods and plopped the pothos plant in it.  Guess it likes it's new home cause it is growing like crazy,  The lantern was a gift from a client and I added an electronic candle to it.  I had a real candle in it, but I don't like the way the wax gets all over the inside.


Loving the crown molding and corner details on the ceiling....


....and around the door.

I wanted a sparkly chandelier type of light, but my husband didn't.  I didn't want to spend alot on the fixture.  He just wanted me to get a damn light.  Oy vey.  We finally settled on this one with an Edison light bulb.


Since the most expensive part was the light bulb, I did get a medallion for it.  Guess that is a small win for me.

As for color we decided on navy blue.


I found this framed print at Hobby Lobby.  It just seemed to fit.  So I guess we are going with a coastal theme in here.

That's it for now.  I love how this room looks!  I still have to work on the window and I have a little project or two to finish up.

So off to work I go!

Just a reminder of what this space used to look like



Added to

Metamorphosis Monday
Digging It and Dishing It
Wow Us Wednesdays

3 comments:

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow, great job on the bathroom. Loving the light fixture too!

Unknown said...

We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft www.office.com/setupOffice online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776
www.office.com/setup
www.office.com/setup
www.office.com/setup

gream said...

Meet the tips of the game to win a lot of online. Golden slot To help make online game customers, everyone can make money from playing online games very much. To all online game users. It has come to use the services of more than 200 kinds of betting games that are one of the many online gaming services. This will help to make every participant enjoy the game online. It's fun to play with and enjoy all the thirst. Gclub69 also has a lot of games to play online. Gambling Online Gambling Have fun with the most pleasurable online shopping. You are a gambler all online. สล็อตออนไลน์ Come and enjoy all the fun and games online. Every gamer has come to choose the easiest way to get the most out of every gamble online gambler wants.