Wednesday, January 26, 2022

I"M BACK!

 That's right...I'm back!


It's been quite awhile since I have posted here.  Excuse me while I dust off the cobwebs!  Who am I kidding?!  Me? Dust?  So much has happened since I was last here.  My oldest daughter has moved out with her significant other, my son is planning his wedding in June and my youngest is in high school.  

Phew!

Unfortunately, we lost our baby girl Sheba.  I miss her so much!  13-1/2 years is a long time for a Great Dane though.  I wouldn't trade one minute of it though.

One of my last pics of the kids and Sheba.  Don't mind my filthy steps.  Obviously I don't sweep either!

It's been over a year now and this dipsh*t has come into our lives.


Meet Gepetto!  Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but very handsome!  Believe it or not, he is just a puppy.  Not even a year old yet.

Since our youngest will be graduating in a few years, we have been thinking a lot about our "golden years".  We still live in the farmhouse, but we also bought a house on Houghton Lake.  It's on the, as my kids say, geriatric side of the lake.  LOL.  It's right on a canal so we have easy access to the lake.  I love it up there!


It's not big, but it's big enough.  My husband has accumulated quite the fleet also.  We are now the proud owners of a pontoon boat, speed boat, 7 kayaks and a paddle boat.  If you are itching to get out on the lake, we can get you there!  I also haven't started to personalize this home either.  We just bought some furniture for when we go up and have called it good.... for now....

The farmhouse is still not complete.  I think we got burned out working on it and just haven't been inspired to get back to working on it.  I am hoping that restarting the blog will hold me accountable.  I seemed to get so much done when I had the blog.  I have set a goal that by next Christmas it is going to be done!

Besides wanting to get the house done, I have gone back to work.  I work in one of our local elementary schools as a secretary.  I love it!  The kiddos are so freaking cute!  I also started my own business for when I retire from the school.  Every now and then you will see items pop up on here that I make.


So that is about it for now.  What have all of you been up to?!  I am so excited to reconnect with old friends and make new ones!  I also can't wait to share all of my adventures, good and bad, with all of you!  Until then, keep fighting the good fight my peeps!



No comments: